ENPOA Annual Meeting, Board Election on Sunday, June 23


By now, all Eagle Nest residents should have received the following information about the Annual Meeting on Sunday, June 23, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the Clubhouse. All residents are welcome to attend the meeting, which will conclude with the Board of Directors election. Three spots are open due to two resignations and the expiring term of Director Mike Lathrop. Mike is seeking re-election.

If you didn't receive a ballot in the mail, contact Secretary/Bookkeeper Chris'e Van Meter at 600-2870 or by email at enpoa_sec@att.net to request a copy. Ballots are due to the Eagle Nest Clubhouse mailbox, 8075 Teel Way, by 6 p.m. Sunday, June 23. You also may attend the meeting and hand-deliver your ballot.

The following talented residents have declared their candidacy to join the board. Responsibilities include attending monthly board meetings (currently held Sunday evenings) and voting on key neighborhood business. Each would serve a two-year term, a volunteer post lasting until June 2015. Here are their bios:

Brad L. Bobich, 7935 Tanager Lane 
“It is an honor to be considered for the Board of Directors for our great community here at Eagle Nest.  I look forward to the opportunity to serve you.  Before I do such, I would like to take the opportunity to introduce myself and my family to you.

‘My wife, Heather, three kids, Jack (4), Kiana (13) and Vance (13) and I reside at 7935 Tanager Lane.  Heather and I purchased our home in June of 2005, the same summer that we were married.  I am a Regional Manager for a structural/civil engineering firm which we perform our services for a wide range of clients from the Federal Government to local residents.  I also serve as the current State Treasurer for the Indiana Section of ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers) and have served in multiple capacities with ASCE (both locally and statewide).  I also serve on two committees for the statewide organization of ACEC (American Council of Engineering Companies), their Education and Fire & Building Commission Committees.  Lastly, I currently serve on the Board of Direction for NYSL recreational soccer league based here in Lawrence (Jack is just finishing his 1st soccer season).  I also enjoy coaching, playing golf, and, of course, spending time with my kids at our local neighborhood pool!

‘There are many aspects of our neighborhood that I (and my family) believe are outstanding (neighbors, pool, basketball/tennis courts, etc.)!  And I believe there are ways that we can improve as a community (neighborhood involvement, communication, family interactions, etc.).  My experiences as a professional engineer, current and past Board leader for multiple societies, local community activities and my passion for an active community will help me serve you as a new ENPOA Board member.  If you should have any questions, or would like to know more about me (or our family), please feel free to stop by and say ‘Hi’, we would truly enjoy meeting you!”

Judith M. Buddenbaum, 8428 Goldfinch Circle 
“My husband Warren and I moved to Eagle Nest in July 2005 after I retired from my position as professor in the Department of Journalism and Technical Communication at Colorado State University.  Before joining the faculty of Colorado State University, I taught at St. Mary-of-the-Woods College.  I also have worked as a newspaper reporter and free-lance magazine writer, in a variety of positions for life and casualty insurance companies, and as a chemistry lab research assistant.

“Warren and I appreciate the job ENPOA does maintaining the pool and common areas and arranging for snow removal.  We love the neighborhood and want to see it remain the wonderful place it is today.  Therefore, I would like to serve on the ENPOA board.

“My experience for the position includes terms as president and treasurer of parents clubs for the public schools our children attended in Oregon and Indiana and for divisions of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication; two terms, one as president, on the board for Monroe County (Bloomington, Ind.) United Ministries; and one term each on boards and advisory committees for the City of Bloomington, Ind., Columbine CableVision in Fort Collins, Colo., the Denver-based First Amendment Congress, the American Academy of Religion, and The Lutheran magazine.

“As a board member my goal would be to make sure Eagle Nest remains an attractive, pleasant community.  Therefore, I promise to work to see that covenants are reasonable and enforced consistently and fairly and that residents continue to receive the high level of community amenities and services they rightly expect in return for paying their annual dues.  I also want to explore and possibly expand communication options so that all residents receive timely information about events and about issues that may come before the board in ways that are most convenient for them.” 

Mike Lathrop, 8030 Warbler Way
“I have had the pleasure of serving on the Eagle Nest board for the past two (2) years and I am very proud of the progress we have achieved. Over the past two years our accomplishments include: providing our residents reduced annual dues rates, updating one of the neighborhood’s controlling documents, updating by-laws and encouraging an effort to enforce our covenants more effectively.

“A little about me: I have lived in Eagle Nest since 2004 with my wife, Becky, my daughter Katie (7) and son Matthew (4). I have been employed in Municipal Building and Planning Departments since 1998. My first position was with the Department of Code Enforcement for the City of Indianapolis as a Building Inspector. I am currently employed by the Town of Zionsville in the Planning Department with similar responsibilities as to those I held in Indianapolis.

“I am running for an ENPOA Board Position for a second term because I believe the Board should continue to run ENPOA’s business as fiscally and economically responsible as possible in order to help maintain property values for all homeowners and to promote a pleasant living environment.”

The board would like to thank former President/Director Jason Herche and outgoing Director Billie Sagers for their invaluable service. Jason was instrumental in redesigning the neighborhood directory, modernizing the association’s record-keeping, engaging City officials about neighborhood concerns, and jump-starting a risk assessment for the neighborhood, among other things. Billie spearheaded ENPOA’s dues collections, communications with the association’s legal counsel and led the pool tags production and distribution. Suffice to say, ENPOA grew stronger through their dedication, leadership and behind-the-scenes efforts. They will be missed.

Election questions? Please contact acting President Scott Thien at 902-3103 or scottthien@comcast.net  Your election participation and support is appreciated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Board Update: Curb Appeal Award winners, inaugural Card Night on Oct. 10, live music Oct. 21 at Clubhouse!

Board update: Pool closing Labor Day, annual dog swim, Curb Appeal Awards, live music coming to Clubhouse!

The winners of the 2023 Holiday Lights Contest are ...